DISD REFO CENTER
The German International School Dubai is the Regional Training Center (ReFo Center) for all German Schools Abroad in Region L (Arab region and South Africa / Namibia).
- Qatar: German International School Doha
- Namibia: German Higher Private School Windhoek
- Saudi Arabian: German International School Jeddah, German International School Riyadh
- South Africa: German International School Johannesburg, German International School Kapstadt, German International School Pretoria
- United Arab Emirates: German International School Abu Dhabi, German International School Dubai, German International School Sharjah
The ReFo Center Dubai organizes the in-service training.
The in-service training program is planned by the Pedagogical Advisory Board of the region with the aim to ensure and increase the quality of teaching at the German schools abroad. The Pedagogical Advisory Board is composed of all principals of the German schools abroad in Region L and the process facilitator Mr. Christian Metken.
The training program is aimed at teachers who teach at one of the German schools abroad in the region. The main areas of in-service training include: Inclusion, Mid-Level Management, Effective Learning, German as a Foreign Language (DaF), German-Speaking Subject Teaching (DFU), German International Abitur (DIA).
Until the end of the school year 2020/21, the training events for Region K (Georgia, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Turkey) will be hosted by the ReFo Center Dubai. Here you can find an overview of the planned events.