Co-curricular activities are not possible until further notice due to the KHDA Protocol for private schools. The next update from the authorities has been announced for the end of January.
As soon as activities are possible again, the information will be updated here and parents will be informed by email.
Gulf Star Sports are delighted to be returning to DISD for an all new Co-Curricular activities program in 2021/22 – with our most popular activities, whilst also including a few new and exciting additions.
CCA Program DISD Kindergarten 2021/22, Term 2 (under review)
CCA Program DISD Primary School 2021/22, Term 2 (under review)
CCA Program DISD Secondary School 2021/221 Term 2 (under review)
- If you would like to register your child(ren) for a fee-based CCA offering, the registration process will go through our partner’s website: Gulf Star Sports (please click on the link). Please scroll down to the days of the week. For each day you will find the afternoon offer with all important information about the individual activities (grade, time, place and costs) as well as the booking link for each on the right side.
If you would like to register your child one of the CCA that is free of charge, please send us an email with the name of the CCA and the name, age, and grade of your child in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We kindly ask all parents who use the school bus service to inform STS directly about the changed pick-up time if you have booked a CCA for your child(ren).
Our CCA Team
- A co-curricular activity (CCA) can only be initiated by secondary school students or teachers.
- A CCA instructor must be found who is allowed to teach the activity and is then responsible for the activity.
- The responsible instructor commits for at least one semester.
- Enough students must be found to make the activity happen.
- Costs of any kind, whether reimbursements to outside providers or one-time material costs (for purchases) must be specified and may be covered by CCA participants, if necessary.
This is an initiative of our DISD student representatives, initiated in the school year 2020/21 by Alumni Alexander Schmidt.