ACTIVELY SHAPING SCHOOL
Thank you for your interest in the DISD parents’ council’s work. We cordially invite you to help us shaping the school life.
ELECTION AND COMPOSITION OF THE PARENTS’ COUNCIL
- In the beginning of each school year each class elects a parents’ representative plus deputy. All parents’ representatives and deputies form the overall parents’ council.
- The overall parents’ council is divided in three sub-councils, for the Kindergarten, Primary School and Secondary School. Each sub-council elects a representative and a deputy and from this six-member panel the overall parents’ representative und the deputy are eleceted.
- Further the treasurer and deputy treasurer are elected.
PARENTS’ COUNCIL 2017/18
The current members of the six-member panel are the following:
- Secondary school (still 17/18): Mrs Danilea Buchner and deputy Mrs Barbara Stumpp
- Primary School (still 17/18): Mrs Gülay Ouremi and deputy Mrs Silke Langenstein
- Kindergarten: Tanja Cerkezovic (Muschelgruppe), Deputies: Dana Roufail (Krabbengruppe)
- The parents’ council represents the interests of all parents of Kindergarten, Primary School and Secondary School children in dealing with the school board.
- The parents’ council meets several times throughout the school year and confers with the school administration as well as with the school board periodically. The parents’ council conference dates are published in the school’s calendar of events on the website and via email.
- Through a reliable communication the parents’ council ensures a close contact to the parents and informs them about current school topics and issues.
- Ideas, wishes and suggestions from the parents will be accepted, discussed and if necessary presented to the schools’ administration, board or teachers.
Through close collaboration with the schools’ administration, the teachers and the schools’ board, the parents’ council actively participates in the organisation of the school life and contributes to a good school climate through a positive, trustworthy handling.
Another point of major importance: The parents’ council is not only an important component of DISD, it further offers a great opportunity to make new contacts and to actively shape the school life in a friendly team with good work atmoshpere.
So come on in!!!
PARENTS’ NOTICE BOARD
- You will find the board at the main entrance next to the canteen.
- The board enables the communication among the school community: for carpooling, purchase and sales and more.
- Please submit your notice (ideally in DIN A5) at the reception or secretariat.
Important documents of the parents’ councils (pc) in German: