Presentation of the seal of approval Excellent German School Abroad
On February 7, the German Consul General Holger Mahnicke handed over the renewed seal of approval Excellent German School Abroad to our principal Michael Lummel.
During the last school year, the Bund-Länder-Inspektion had inspected the DISD and the school achieved a positive rating in all 15 characteristics.
The head of the KHDA Dr. Abdulla Al-Karam and the DISD board chairman Dr. Munier Al-Amoudi also attended the presentation of the certificate. The gentlemen took the opportunity for a short exchange on the impact of the pandemic on the schools in Dubai. Unfortunately, we had to forego a ceremonial setting.
German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier again awarded the seal of approval to DISD after successfully passing the Bund-Länder-Inspektion (Federal-State-Inspection, BLI) by last year.
German schools abroad are supported in their quality assurance and development by the Bund-Länder-Inspektion (BLI). The BLI takes a systematic and data-based look at the work of the schools abroad.
The Pedagogical Quality Management of the German Schools Abroad is based on a model that was developed by renowned German experts from science and school it includes:
- Awarding contract “German School Abroad”
- Systematic assurance and further development of the quality system
- Binding quality standards (quality framework for German schools abroad)
- Guiding principles and school program work
- Peer Review (“Visit of Critical Friends”)
- Federal and state inspection
- In-service and regional training
- Process support
- Review visit and support contract
The DISD has successfully gone through all the above-mentioned development phases in a process lasting several years as part of its pedagogical quality management and has provided evidence of this to the BLI.