Athletes wanted for Ultimate Racenights 2018/19
Parent and member of the DISD board, Thomas Harenberg offers weekly trainings for the Ultimate Racenight, an open athletic event in Dubai.
The Racenights in 2018 will take place on October 11th and November 22nd.
Please register via e-mail to Mr Harenberg: firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a WhatsApp Group for all interested parents. Please send him a E-Mail to join.
Successfull first Racenight
The first Racenight was a great success. The following students participated: Emma Beising, Maila Lake, Lina Fayyad, Katharina Babak, Julie Lake, Ben Stelkens, Marcus Langenstein, Jaden Stein, Yessine Gued
The results were:
Sprints 80 & 150 m (U11, U13) all under the first ten
Sprint 300 m 5th place: Yessine Gued
High jump (U11) 1st place: Marcus Langenstein; 3rd place: Jaden Stein;4th place: Lina Fayyad
High jump (U13) 2nd place: Katharina Babak
Many Thanks to Barry Lake from Future Photography for the pictures!
As a preparation of the Racenights, trainings take place at DISD:
Every Saturday, starting September 8th, from 12 – 2 pm
In September & October the training will take place in the sports hall, afterwards it will be on the sports field.
Practice in the following disciplines is possible:
- Hurdle Race
- Long Jump
- High Jump
- Pole Jumping (introduction)
- circuit training and gymnastics as preparation for the above diciplines
A few tips for choosing the right competition:
- Everyone can participate in the sprint disciplines.
- Taking part in the middle-distance of 1500 m is only recommended if the student has already run such or a longer distance.
- This also applies to the disciplines of hurdles, spear throwing and high jumping! Students who nevertheless dare to take part in the high jump, receive the full support of Mr Harenberg.
Please come dressed in sportswear.